Learning through play
With SumBlox, the height of each number block corresponds to its value. Stack a "2-block" on top of a "3-block" and they equal the same height as the "5-block." This simple connection between height and symbol allows children to grasp math concepts earlier and retain them longer.
ADDITION & SUBTRACTION
If the heights are equal then the sums will also be equal.
MULTIPLICATION & DIVISION
Build a factor wall and see the relationship between multiplication and repeated addition. Discover the commutative property through team games that explore factors and multiples.
- Understand the commutative property
- Find the factor of a given number
- Understand the relationship between multiplication and repeated addition
SumBlox allow students to clearly see the relationship between the numerator and denominatore and use that knowledge to…
- Find fractional parts of a whole
- Compare and order fractions
- Convert improper fractions to mixed numbers
- Visualize equivalent fractions
- Add and subtract fractions
- Add fractions with different denominators