Paying with a Purchase Order
Grant Writing Help
Here is an example grant to help you get started
For what age are SumBlox best suited?
SumBlox are great for children and adults of all ages but are best suited, academically, for children ages 2-12.
What mathematical concepts can SumBlox teach?
Students can learn a wealth of information through play and hands-on exploration. These topics include:
- Number recognition
- One-to-one correspondence
- Compare numbers
- Number sequence
- Hierarchical Inclusion
- Understanding our base-ten system
- Place value
- Measuring Lengths
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively
- Understand Equivalence
- Directly compare two objects with a measurable attribute in common
- Algebraic Thinking
- Describe measurable attributes of objects, such as length or weight
- Classify objects into given categories
Addition / Subtraction
- Solve Addition and Subtraction word problems using objects
- Compose and decompose numbers
- Find missing addends
- Skip counting
Multiplication / Division
- Define multiplication; emphasis on multiples
- Find factors of whole numbers and use commutative property of multiplication
- Classify whole numbers (greater than one) as prime or composite
- Draw conclusions about the factors of a whole number
- Use associative property of multiplication
- Use distributive property of multiplication
Fractions / Adding Fractions
- Define denominator of fractions
- Define numerator of fractions within halves, fourths, and eights
- Find equivalent fractions within thirds, sixths, ninths, and twelfths
- Compare two fractions using inequality symbols
- Compare and order three fractions using compound inequalities
- Find the value of a fraction of a whole number
- Find the fraction, or part, a given value is of a whole value
- Add two fractions with the same denominator to get a sum up to one whole and fully decompose a given fraction
- Add two fraction addends with the same denominator to get a sum greater than one whole
- Add multiple fraction addends to find sums greater than one whole and represent sums in improper form and mixed numbers
- Add two fraction addends with different denominators (only having to scale one of the addends)
- Add three fraction addends with different denominators (only having to scale two of the addends)
- Add two fractions addends with different denominators (having to scale all addends to find a common denominator)
Are your lessons standard-aligned?
Yes, the concepts that can be taught with SumBlox can be adapted to any state standard, as they work on increasing a deeper understanding of basic mathematical concepts. We do align our activities with the Common Core State Standards and have included a reference card with the set which allows parents and educators to easily see which activity aligns with which standard. As we release new activities and lessons on our webpage, they will be aligned to the Common Core State Standards, listing which standards are addressed in each activity.
Workshops & Professional Development
Email email@example.com for more information about workshops we are giving in your area or if you are interested in professional development.
|CAMT||(Conference for the Advancement of Mathematics Teaching)|
|ISTE||(International Society for Technology in Education)|
|IAEYC||(Indiana Association for the Education of Young Children)|
|FFCCHA||(Florida Family Child Care Home Association)|
|NSTA||(National Science Teacher Association)|
|TCEA||(Texas Computer Education Association)|
|5Sigma||(5Sigma Edu Conference, Anastasis Academy)|
Order Delivery Times
Product ships within 2 days of ordering and ships via FedEx smartpost.
Tracking your package
A tracking number will be sent out to the email you provide during purchase. You can use that number to track your package at FedEx.com.
Within 60 days of your purchase, if you are not 100% satisfied, please return your unused product in its original packaging and we will refund the purchase price.
Missing or broken pieces?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of receiving your package for a replacement.
How can I clean the blocks?
Wipe clean with a damp cloth and warm water.